Based in London, UK
Press / Business contact:
on App Store
As featured in over 150 countries! A ghost who is afraid of the dark? Yikes! Help George conquer his fear in this charming game. Overcome 10 unique challenges, guided by a mysterious spirit and guide George to safety. Jump into the instantly fun game play and watch the story unravel. Discover the lighthouse and find out who lives in the small cottage. George: Scared Of The Dark is an adventure game that follows George the Ghost as he sets out on his quest to battle his fear of the dark across an uncharted, and at times, eerie world. Can you help George before his fear gets the best of him? Make no mistake, despite its cute appearance, this is a challenging game. There is no easy mode. It's do or die. You have been warned...
- Play through 10 procedurally generated levels
- Each level is different every time!
- Master 3 power-up abilities
- Unlock 3 additional characters
- Intuitive touch and swipe controls
- Heartwarming story about conquering fears with a unique ending
It all started with a jam! George: Scared Of The Dark evolved from an entry to Procedural Generation Jam 2015. Originally called "Mountains That We Climb", the mini project took one day to create and experimented with generating 2D scenes with simple mountains, clouds and changing weather systems. The jam entry got good feedback on its strong visual aesthetics and Alex decided to start developing the concept further into a game a month later.Motivation and Concept
"I wanted to create a game that was more than just a casual mobile game. I wanted it have more depth, mystery and story. In particular, I wanted the game to feel atmospheric, for the player to be temporarily immersed into the magic of the game world. At it's core, I wanted it to have a central theme of overcoming challenges and conquering fears."About Wall West
Wall West is an independent micro development studio based in London. Founded in 2015 by Alex Petlenko to focus on developing iOS games and born out of a life-long passion for video games. The main game release for 2016 is George: Scared Of The Dark. The name of the studio - "Wall West" - is inspired by building a wall or a "foundation" brick by brick, one small step at a time and chipping away at something that you are passionate about.About Alex Petlenko
Alex graduated from Imperial College London with a masters degree in Software Engineering. Alex then went on to build a successful career as a technologist working at a number of major corporations. Alex has over 11 years professional industry experience and over 20 years general programming experience. After moving away from senior management, Alex worked as a freelance developer writing financial algorithms.
Alex decided to follow his passion for mentoring and creating games and now splits his time between freelancing, coaching new coders and developing games. Alex founded Wall West in 2015.
George: Scared Of The Dark - Release Trailer YouTube
George: Scared Of The Dark - App Store Preview YouTube
Review Fix Plays YouTube
Swamps Level Playthrough YouTube
George: Scared Of The Dark - First Sneak Peek Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for George: Scared Of The Dark, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Radius Games Festival" - Official Selection, 23 July, 2016
- "Intel Buzz Workshop" - Official Selection, 4 June, 2016
- "Utterly adorable classic platformer"
- Emily Sowden, Pocket Gamer
- "Buy George: Scared of the Dark. I dare you"
- James Bolton, Snappzilla
- "In a scary way it's kinda like Guitar Hero"
- Patrick Hickey Jr, Review Fix
- "Charming visuals... with some brutal difficultly."
- Cokamouse, Pookybox
- "You’re gonna die a lot"
- Delano Cuzzucoli, HeyPoorPlayer
- "Doesn’t leave much room to breathe"
- Annemarie Gallagher, Bit Cultures
- "A lot more challenging than it looks"
- Lena Hedley, Gamemob
- "This is a challenging platformer — even by console standards"
- Admin, Invision Community
- "An ending you will never expect"
- Angelo Agustin, Fanboynation
- "Surprisingly difficult."
- Admin, Gamecry
- "We could say it’s do or die…"
- Galit Gordon, Gaming Cypher
- "There is no easy mode"
- Victoria Irwin, Fangirlnation
- Jess Landry, Horror World
- "Delivers A Spooky Adventure"
- Amanda Dyar, Bio Game Girl
- "Challenging, fun, with a captivating plot"
- Chrisanna Lazaridou, Download3K
- "Addictive due to it’s relatively unforgiving difficult"
- Chrisanna Lazaridou, GameReviewsAU
- "Overall: 8/10"
- Dave, Squackle
- "You won’t be disappointed."
- Adeline Gear, TheAppTimes
- "New and original gameplay experience"
- Andrea Scrimieri, iPhoneItalia
- "One of the most enjoyable indie games this season"
- Marina Belli, Games Princess
- "Review Fix Exclusive: Inside ‘George is Scared of The Dark’"
- Patrick Hickey Jr, Review Fix
- "Making A Dash For iOS"
- Brian Wier, IGC News
- "Starting Your Own Game Development Studio – One Year On"
- Featured Post, Gamasutra
George: Scared Of The Dark on the App Store
George: Scared Of The Dark Homepage
Radius Games Festival
Official Selection, 23 July, 2016 radiusfestival.com.
Intel Buzz Workshop
Official Selection, 4 June, 2016 intelbuzz.bemyapp.com.
Mountains That We Climb
Procedural Generation Jam 2015 Entry wallwest.itch.io.